Puffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even though they are tiny fish they need a big space. They will probably be fine with other fish in a larger aquarium. I had 2 in a 5 gallon once which worked out okay as it was heavily planted and had little caves built. Also remember that you will need to feed them snails quite often or they will probably end up dieing. They need the crunchy snail shell to help wear their beaks down.

I agree with tkos. I had three in a 12-gal and they were extremely aggressive with each other but I had plenty of rockwork and plants for them to maintain territories. Now I have only one in there and am trying him out with tiger barbs (I read they can get along with them) and so far so good, however the barbs are very fast and usually get the majority of the food before the puffer can get it. My puffer will eat only live baby snails, live adult brine shrimp, and frozen bloodworms, so keep that in mind when contemplating this fish.

Back
Top Bottom