Pure Ammonia (the product)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't find pure ammonia anywhere! I'm trying to follow the fishless cycle guide; my husband has been to Home Depot, Lowes, and WalMart (*shudder*), and all the ammonias had surfactants. Where should I try next? A straight on cleaning supply store? A feed/agriculture store? Will I be turned in to the Feds as a suspicious person trying to buy bomb-making ingredients?!?! I wonder if ammonia is a controlled substance in Colorado . . . OMG, I just had the grossest thought ever: Doesn't urine have ammonia in it? No, I would never EVER EVER (but you know there is someone, somewhere, who would) . . . Man, my brain goes to the most whack-a-doo places sometimes. I'm just at a loss as to where to find pure ammonia. Ideas?

ace hardware is about the only place anybody on here can find it... me included... btw, when you do find it, dont think "well the bigger bottle is cheaper per ounce than the smaller bottle, ill get it" because you'll end up with a gallon jug of pure ammonia and will have no need for it (been there, done that)

Actually my wife loves using it for cleaning something.

Anyway - yes, Ace hardware janitorial strength is the stuff you want.

I also had a tough time finding pure ammonia in a bottle. ACE Hardware is the only place that has it around here.

Back
Top Bottom