Purigen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta Platy Addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any bad experiences??

I only use Prime water conditioner, so I'm not worried about a chemical reaction there.

I put a bag in my 20gal because of driftwood tannins and the water is almost perfectly clear three days later. It's not formulated for tannins, but it worked. Too good to be true?

Any bad experiences??

I only use Prime water conditioner, so I'm not worried about a chemical reaction there.

I put a bag in my 20gal because of driftwood tannins and the water is almost perfectly clear three days later. It's not formulated for tannins, but it worked. Too good to be true?

Wrong forum - sorry! Disregard.

Any bad experiences??

Purigen works fine. Your result is typical. It will eventually get very dirty and will need a recharge.

On a 20 gallon tank your purigen should work for the better part of a year before it needs to be recharged.

I use it in all my tanks for this very reason with the tannins (among others)... I swear by this product :)

A year?? Wow! Great. I am in love with this stuff! Should I put one or two bags in my new 56 gal? Says one is good for 100 gal but I will have driftwood that is still staining a lot during boiling

If you have heavy tannins then it will fill up much faster. You will know it needs charging when the beads turn dark brown to black. The amount of time it lasts depends on the individual tank.

Back
Top Bottom