Purigen - knee highs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have two tanks. The other day I put Purigen in the 20g tank using the bag that is recommended for the use of Purigen. Now I would like to use it in the ten g.
I don't have another bag, and I only need two tsp. of it. Can I use a knee high? I really don't want to buy another bag - ends up being $10. to be bought and sent. Also - how would you suggest rinsing Purigen? I did it in the mesh bag but it just didn't get it. After two days I have a bit of a whitish tinge to the tanks.

Have two tanks. The other day I put Purigen in the 20g tank using the bag that is recommended for the use of Purigen. Now I would like to use it in the ten g.
I don't have another bag, and I only need two tsp. of it. Can I use a knee high? I really don't want to buy another bag - ends up being $10. to be bought and sent. Also - how would you suggest rinsing Purigen? I did it in the mesh bag but it just didn't get it. After two days I have a bit of a whitish tinge to the tanks.
Hey, i'm assuming a knee high is some kind or ladies tights or pantyhose???

In don't know if leg hose really have enough flow through them in this particular context. I always used cheap mesh bags from the dollar store. You can get medium sized bags for biomedia (I think they're laundry bags) or smaller ones. They usually come in packs of 2-3 though.

I don't have another bag, and I only need two tsp. of it. Can I use a knee high? I really don't want to buy another bag - ends up being $10. to be bought and sent. Also - how would you suggest rinsing Purigen?.
Pantyhose don't end up being economical because they perish. There are not many things that will stand up to the strength of bleach solution used to regenerate purigen.

If you have a food sealer you can cut the bag and seal it into smaller ones. I go four of "the bag"s and cut them down into enough bags for 2 55 tanks, a 10, a 20 and a 75. Two bags per tank so I can put in a new one while the used one is regenerating, so a total of 10 bags!

Back
Top Bottom