Putting betta in new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkA123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so as most of you know I got a 28 gallon marineland euro aquarium. Right now I have had it running for about 1 month with sand, 4 big black decorative stones, penguin bio wheel 150, background, and marineland stealth pro heater set on 76 and a digital LCD themometer that says the tank is a steady 76. It's stabilized but not cycled. I have pure ammonia but I haven't started cycling yet because school has started and I can only work on the weekends to get money to but the test kit I need. I have a female veiltale betta living in a 1 gallon aquarium with gravel, shark cave, lighting, a undergravel filter which also provides aeration. I usually change the water every other day but since school started I've had tons of homework and it's been 5 days since the normal 50 percent water change. And I don't think I'll be able to keep up with my water changes on my 1 gal because it take me like 45 min literally to change it. So would it be better to put it in my tank now than keep it in it's current bowl? I plan to put it in there sooner or later I planned on adding it after cycling and putting the albino Cory catfish in but it already has ammonia signs. Plus it's tank is unheated. Should I go ahead and add it? I'm just thinking it would be better than a 1 gal. Because basically it's in a pool of ammonia now! So I don't think it would hurt to move it to a uncycled tank because both tanks are going to have ammonia in it the only difference is the new ones bigger, heated, and just seems better to do. Thanks for reading this long question I plan to add 12 Albino cories if that matters and if you need to know my 1 gal temp I'll tell you it is just a hassle to move the thermometer.

Hey Mark! While cycling with fish isn't preferable, in this case I think the fish would be better off to move to the 28. Don't add pure ammonia if you move the fish. Just stock VERY gradually and be prepared to do PWCs as needed.

Thanks I Just put her in about 10 miniutes ago. How long does it take her to recover from her ammonia poisoning stuff. In her old tank she just literally sat on top of one of the artificial plant leaves gasping for breath at the top with her gills extremely inflamed. She used to be really playful and shed play in her shark cave she loved the shark cave lol so how long should It take for her to be healthy again? Also I have a penguin bio wheel 150 and I'm afraid it's sucking to strong because she struggles to swim past it and sits in the bottom corner on the opposite side of the filter. It has something called a mid legal intake strainer you can adjust right now it's open all the way does that reduce or increase the current and what's it for? Thanks would it be ok to move her shark cave in the tank?
Hey Mark! While cycling with fish isn't preferable, in this case I think the fish would be better off to move to the 28. Don't add pure ammonia if you move the fish. Just stock VERY gradually and be prepared to do PWCs as needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom