Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2002, 12:14 AM   #1
sjohnson44030

putting fish in another tank?

Hi, I would like to take my Fancy Guppies out of my 10 gallon tank and put them in my 30 gallon long tank and put the fish that are in the 30 gall tank and put them in the 10 gallon, How is the best way to do this without putting the Fancy guppies into too much stress? I'm not to worried about the plattys and mollies that i will be putting in the 10 gall tank because they are replaceble, But i don't want to lose my Fancy Guppies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2002, 05:42 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
moving fish

Go ahead and do a water change on the 30. Take some of the water you removed from the 30 and use it to do a water change on the 10. This will give the guppies a chance to acclimate to any small differences there might be. Before you move them, make sure the water parameters are as close as possible...pH, hardess, temp, ect... I would then put the fish I was not so concerned about in a bucket for a little while as I moved the guppies directly from one tank to the other. I think this will cause the least stress on the guppies and I doubt it will affect the other fish either. If you are increasing the fish load in either tank, keep a close check on ammonia for a while to make sure the bio filter is going to keep up. Let us know how it turns out and send some pics of those guppies
Logan J

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com