PWC question? Tap water is too warm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flvol77

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new to the hobby, I have had fish about six weeks after going through 40 something days of a fishless cycle.

I change the water out every Monday, I have two tanks, 55 gallon and 29 gallon, I change the water out with a water changer. In the last week tap water has gone from 80 to about 84 degrees on the coldest setting. My tanks are at 78 degrees.

Any ideas on how to change the water? I figured early in the AM around 6 am, but I tested it this morning and its was 82 degrees.

I will be dealing with this all summer as I live in South Florida, so some ideas would be appreciated.

Maybe a baggy filled with ice inside the tank when new water is added. Have the new water flowing directly onto the ice pack.

I am new to the hobby, I have had fish about six weeks after going through 40 something days of a fishless cycle.

I change the water out every Monday, I have two tanks, 55 gallon and 29 gallon, I change the water out with a water changer. In the last week tap water has gone from 80 to about 84 degrees on the coldest setting. My tanks are at 78 degrees.

Any ideas on how to change the water? I figured early in the AM around 6 am, but I tested it this morning and its was 82 degrees.

I will be dealing with this all summer as I live in South Florida, so some ideas would be appreciated.

The tanks temp isn't going to rise to 84 degrees with a water change at that temp. If the tanks at 78 and you do a 50% water change with 84 degree water then the tanks temp will rise to somewhere in between. Honestly a couple of degrees difference isn't going to harm anything. I regularly change water (50%+) on my tanks with water that's too warm or cool by a number of degrees.

Back
Top Bottom