Pygmy corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nayuls39

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I would really love some Pygmy corydoras or some sort of small corydora. I have a 70 litre tank but that is already stocked. I also have a 35 litre tank, could I put any in there or is it too small? Also both tanks have gravel in, the 70 litre has very small black and white gravel and the 35 litre has the pea size smooth coloured gravel.
Thank you
Jane

There is conflicting info on pygmys in a 10g. Some info says yes...some no. Im on the no side.

6 would really be the start of a shoal. Being active fish thats alot for a small footprint.

I agree with flchamp. Pygmy corys are tiny, but active, and need to be in groups. What fish do you have in your larger (20g?) tank? Is it possible to rehome a couple to your smaller tank and stock pygmy corys in your larger?

There are two options depending on your other stock that come to mind. A banjo or asian stone both can be kept by themselves.

Hi SherLar,
In my larger tank I have 5 cardinal tetra and 10 platy. Probably too many I know!!. They had babies :).
Oh I have to say my smaller tank is running as a cold water at the moment.

Hi SherLar,
In my larger tank I have 5 cardinal tetra and 10 platy. Probably too many I know!!. They had babies :).
Oh I have to say my smaller tank is running as a cold water at the moment.

cardinal tetras need at least a school of six. ten platys Is a lot :whistle:
you could also fill the water to the top of your tank you know? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom