Python ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

finny al

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem....bought a new python and hooked it up according to the directions. It subsequently leaked, sprayed, etc. from every possible place on the end that connects to the faucet. The male adaptor, every place it could possibly leak from the green pump housing, etc. Any thoughts?

Do you have the rubber washers inserted? It'll leak quite a bit if you don't.

yep- all the washers are in. I think maybe I got a lemon....gonna return it and try another one!

try disconnecting the male adapter from the faucet and inserting it into the end of the python connection by itself. Use that to tighten down the "sleeve" on the venturi pump, then disconnect and go through the whole procedure to put it back on the way the directions say.

Again... I may be the only person that has a problem like this.. but the sleeve on the venturi pump loosens up from the rest of the assembly and can't be tightened down which causes the whole thing to be leaky.

That makes a lot of sense....I will try that to see if it works....the sleeve on mine was a little bit loose no matter what I tried.

I know when I have mine in the 'fill' position and the valve is closed, as soon as the hose fills with water the green adapter shoots water out. I've just learned to be fast when filling, but I will look into the above suggestion as well.

finny al - Does yours leak all the time or just when filling?

It has to be the washer. I would take out the washer that usually fit in the sink and use what comes with the python, you might have two washers...

Back
Top Bottom