Python Gravel Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Folks, if anyone has a Python could you measure the lenght of the part that connects to the faucet. My sink only has 7" space for the attachment and I want to make it will fit before I buy one. Thanks, Keith

something_fishy,

How long is the sink attachment?

Seems like so far your the only on with one. I used to hve one and Have to say I think 7" clearance will be enough but I had not used one in a few years so I might have forgotten the size correctly.

Guy at work said he bought python replacement parts and hose from the hardware store and built his own. Only cost him half as much as a regular pthyon system cause python charges $$ for hose. I'd do the same but I haven't found the replacement parts.

KP~
I have the python. It works GREAT!!
You can get replacement parts ay www.petsolutions.com.
Item #94000132=$4.99 which is the faucet pump.
They carry a nice selection of parts.
Also~ fostersmith has theirs on sale of $22.99 item # FF-157307(25feet)

I'm not sure of the measurement as it does not indicate in the catalog.
Good luck :)

Yes that's the part.

I'm going to buy that part and the female adapter and go to the hardware store for the clear tubing. You can get the tubing a lot cheaper than what it would cost buying the entire kit. I figure I can build the same for half price.

I have a Python, and I think it's pretty close - probably 5.5-6" long. I'll measure tonight and let you know what it is for sure!

I found this in the description of the Faucet Pump part that I'm going to buy. Not sure if the measurement would be the same for the one that comes with the complete water changer kit or not. I imagine it would be.

" 4 3/4" long x 2 1/4" wide at the widest part"

Back
Top Bottom