python gravel cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
have any of you used this product? do you know a good website that sells it for a good price? Do you think it would pump water up a short flight of stairs? And does petland sell it If so for how much?

Thanks
:thanks::fish1:

I own the aqueon version and I only have 1 30 gallon tank. I wouldn't give mine up for anything. If I recall correctly Amazon has it for a good price. Aso far as you final question goes just how high are these stairs?

calfishguy said:
have any of you used this product? do you know a good website that sells it for a good price? Do you think it would pump water up a short flight of stairs? And does petland sell it If so for how much?

Thanks
:thanks::fish1:

I have a python,its a great product,it will pump upstairs and make your life easy,not sure about petland,but im sure amazon will have it

The stairs are aprox three feet high. Do you guys recommend the aqueous the python or lees gravel cleaner. The only difference that I have heard of elate that the python has a more flexible hose.

i have the python. Only problem i have is that I have a pull down kitchen faucet and waterfall faucets in my bathroom. Havn't found anywhere to hook it up yet besides the outside faucet lol. Has a ton of suction though

The hose is fairly flexible,one trick iv learned is before i put it away i run hot water through it and it wraps up very easy,im sure all 3 are comparible in quality,and it sure beats a pail..

I have a Python brand at my office, a Lee's at home and I use an Anqeon at our local animal shelter where I volunteer to clean their resident gold fish aquarium.

The Python is way better quality than the Lee's or aqueon put together. It is more solid than the other.

The Lee's is the worst.

The only thing I like better on the Aqueon than the python is the valve to switch water flow.

All three are way better than the old syphon and bucket method, and all three will do the job.

Just buy the best you can afford :)

It's great. Got one used for cheaper.

Lot better than using buckets. :ermm:

I have the Aqueon 25ft version. Sounds like you'll need the 50ft. I've been happy with the quality especially since I was worried because people said the python was better. The tubing for it is nice and flexible. I use it for a 125 gal and could not live without it. I couldn't live without the valves on both ends either! I got mine at petsmart cause I needed it immediately...it was pricey there but I know you can order them online for a more affordable price.

Enjoy!

When using a python for filling after a pwc do you add the chemicals to the tank before or after adding the water and do you dose only for the water being replaced or for the total gallons in the tank?

I had the 50ft aqueon and it works up 12 stairs to change my upstairs tanks . Works great . I love it !! Paid 90(with shipping ) CAD

Darkesong said:
When using a python for filling after a pwc do you add the chemicals to the tank before or after adding the water and do you dose only for the water being replaced or for the total gallons in the tank?

I add mine when I reverse the water flow so it'll be in there.

Joe5688 said:
i have the python. Only problem i have is that I have a pull down kitchen faucet and waterfall faucets in my bathroom. Havn't found anywhere to hook it up yet besides the outside faucet lol. Has a ton of suction though

I hooked my up outside once and the pressure broke the reversing valve inside.

Back
Top Bottom