Q for those with Python siphoning system or similar...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't hook it to anything, since once the syphon starts it goes by itself. I simply lay the hose in the tub so it continues to syphon, since the tub is lower than the sink. If I am collecting the water I prop the syphon mechanism discharge end in the top of a bucket or 5-gal jug.

You can also get an adapter at the hardware store that can be made to fit just about any threaded spigot, so you could hook it to the outdoor hose faucet or a utility sink faucet or whatever. A lot of the newer, fancier sink faucets for bathrooms and kitchens have designs that make it hard to adapt the end of the Python to them, but if they have any kind of screw-in aerator then you can find something to fit it.

Yeah, I start the syphon by filling the gravel cleaner end with tank water. I may have to do that 2x, but once it starts I can turn off the switch at the top to move it to other tanks & won't have to start it again.

Maybe they are getting the message that the plastic fitting is short-lived - you lucky duck!

Back
Top Bottom