QT tank questions :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobaltskyy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sooo through all of my EXTENSIVE research on this site and many others....I understand I should really have a QT tank. We had two tanks when I was growing up and we never had one BUT times have changed!!

I currently have a ten gallon, a 30 gal, and my 10 g for my betta. I am eventually going to have real plants in all three I mean 4! Slowly getting the proper lighting etc. I would rather do this right than waste money!

So the 10 gal I just aquired is full, and at a nice 78F. I am running a Top Fin 20 filter with the filter media from my well established 30g; one of those little pre-set heaters, and bubble wand. Should there be established fishies in a qt tank?

I was going to put my danios in there to spawn so I have a bunch of marbles and a couple fake plants for now in there. Pics to follow, thanks for looking!

Sooo through all of my EXTENSIVE research on this site and many others....I understand I should really have a QT tank. We had two tanks when I was growing up and we never had one BUT times have changed!!

I currently have a ten gallon, a 30 gal, and my 10 g for my betta. I am eventually going to have real plants in all three I mean 4! Slowly getting the proper lighting etc. I would rather do this right than waste money!

So the 10 gal I just aquired is full, and at a nice 78F. I am running a Top Fin 20 filter with the filter media from my well established 30g; one of those little pre-set heaters, and bubble wand. Should there be established fishies in a qt tank?

I was going to put my danios in there to spawn so I have a bunch of marbles and a couple fake plants for now in there. Pics to follow, thanks for looking!

Sounds like a fry tank or DT to me, but it's not by definition a QT IMO.

My QT (plastic tub) is sitting in the hall closet with a heater and the filter for it is on one of my tanks. When/if I need to QT, I can add a 50/50 mix of tank/tap water and have it running in 10 minutes, fully cycled. I also don't add decco unless it's a fish that needs a hidey-hole.

I would love to raise some of my danio fry! I think you may have just made my night! I have 5 danios 3m and 2f. Would like to increase my numbers in there and maybe eventually put my cardinal tetras in this new 10g....hmmm what to do what to do......LOL

I would love to raise some of my danio fry! I think you may have just made my night! I have 5 danios 3m and 2f. Would like to increase my numbers in there and maybe eventually put my cardinal tetras in this new 10g....hmmm what to do what to do......LOL

Fry tanks are great, I just broke mine down and moved 15 (now 14 :() Black Moor fry into my daughter's room. Guess what I used to raise them for 6 weeks? Yep, my QT setup lol. But it's ready for action if needed as of right now and sometimes ya gotta gamble that you won't need it for a time.

I have set up many QT tanks and they always end up becoming permanant homes to fish somehow!

Back
Top Bottom