Q'ting new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt.Gorilla

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have decided to add 3-4 cory cats to my 55 gal, and to make sure every thing goes swell i'm gonna Qt them.

Because they are bottom feeders should i put some substrate in?
I have a 20g, 10g, and a 5g (which is best?), but the only filtration I can spare is a aquamini that is on my 55 gal with another filter, would I be able to just put an air stone in the qt tank or should I have the aquamini on it?
How long should they be in QT?

Naw, no need for substrate. They won't be in there long enough to warrent it. Better to have a filter on the QT tank, but if you can't the aerator will at least help keep the O2 levels up. You'll need to vaccum and water change daily tho. I'd give them a minimum of 2 weeks. Some folks do more (up to 6 weeks) but I just have no patience LOL

As Allivymar said no need for any substrate, i would use the 20 gal or 10 gal tank as that would give them more room to move about and they won't get stressed. I am the same as Alli i normally give a couple of weeks, i think that is OK. If anything was going to show it self it would do in the first couple of weeks. Plus i am lacking in patience as well LOL.

Alright, I've got the 10g sitting with water in it.

Also on the plus side, while buying some silicon glue to put some driftwood together and stick a rock to it I noticed that they are putting a sale on bronze cory's 3 for $9.99, so I'm likely to pick up either 6 bronzes or 3 and 2 albinos.

That is a good deal on cory's, Bronze and Albino cory's are £6.00 for 3 in my store. I don't know what that would be in canadian $.

Yeah, very good deal on the cories.

Also on the plus side, while buying some silicon glue...

Helpfull hint: next time, got a hardware/home improvement place, get some GE Silicone II Household Glue. It is 100% silicone, EXACT same thing you buy at the lfs, about half the price, at least here in the US. Comes in a squeeze tube or in the big tubes for a caulking gun. I use it all the time, totally the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom