Question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loserdust

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a gold fish and a gallon bowl well now he is acting like he can't breath in there....i was wondering if i would put him in the turtle tank because he is bigger than the turtle..i am scared that the turtle might hurt him or vice versa so what should i do just give him some bubbles in his bowl or put him in the 30 gallon with the turtle...please help me..

I would not reccomend putting the Goldfish in with the Turtle because the turtle will most than likely hurt the goldfish or kill it depending on the size of the turtle. A 1G bowl is not big enough for a Goldfish & I would get at least a 10G tank for now to move it into. But intill you get a bigger tank hook up a airstone to get some O2 in there.

you definatley need to get a bigger tank for your goldfish. The goldfish will need at least a 10gal with a filter and heater. These fish produce alot of waste and therefore need a very clean tank.

BTW....Welcome to AA.......... :Fade-color :Fade-color :Fade-color :Fade-color :Fade-color

i didnt think my fish needed heaters until i found out it stresses the fish. because the temp swings. even though their coldwater they still need stable temps.

i thought you might ask that so just in case

I would say get rid of the bowl. The only way you could make that work is daily water changes, an airstone, and a heater. I would just get the 10 gal (or more if you have the space/money) with a filter and heater. Where I live I could buy all that for around $30.

krap is right. Even though the goldfish is a coldwater fish, you still have to put in a heater just in case the water gets too cold. It probably won't turn on much, but it's better safe than sorry as far as temperatures are concerned.

10 gallon 2 mollys,1 swordtail, 3 neon tetras, algae eater, 2 female betas, 1 platty. 1 gallon bowl with 2 goldfish. 2 1 gallon tanks with male betas. 1 male beta in vase 1 male beta in bowl. 1 baby female beta in bowl. 30 gallon with turtle.
loserdust, I just looked in your profile. Do you have two goldfish in the bowl?

No fish should be in a bowl. All fish need filteration and a heater to prevent temperature swings.

Back
Top Bottom