Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Bought some mts and didn't think about this going to put them in my 20,10,5 the 20 is planted how can I make sure my plants stay in the substrate?
__________________

__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post
Bought some mts and didn't think about this going to put them in my 20,10,5 the 20 is planted how can I make sure my plants stay in the substrate?
They wont push the plants anywhere. Your safe.
__________________

__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post

They wont push the plants anywhere. Your safe.
Ok thanks godfan I can always count on you
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

Ok thanks godfan I can always count on you
Haha I may spend to much time on here lol mts are great and mine never did anything to plants. Plus once you get a healthy population they can be great food for some other creatures. They are loved by assassin snails (assassins will breed with mts as food) and cpo crayfish love the little "plugs" assassins leave behind!
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post

Haha I may spend to much time on here lol mts are great and mine never did anything to plants. Plus once you get a healthy population they can be great food for some other creatures. They are loved by assassin snails (assassins will breed with mts as food) and cpo crayfish love the little "plugs" assassins leave behind!
My lfs in GA has cray fish I want one but my next fish tank will be for my tarantula they are having a sale one tanks how long would I be able to keep it in a ten by itself? And I spend to much time on here to lol
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

My lfs in GA has cray fish I want one but my next fish tank will be for my tarantula they are having a sale one tanks how long would I be able to keep it in a ten by itself? And I spend to much time on here to lol
Depends on the type of cray. A cpo woupd be good for life in a 10.
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post

Depends on the type of cray. A cpo woupd be good for life in a 10.
What's a cpo sorry don't know to much about them
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

What's a cpo sorry don't know to much about them
Mexican dwarf orange crayfish.
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post

Mexican dwarf orange crayfish.
Oo I'll have to check cause I have a extra filter on my 20g with a fully cycled pad o and checked my nitrates today and they were forty ppm lol so i'm just going to not do water changes as often
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

Oo I'll have to check cause I have a extra filter on my 20g with a fully cycled pad o and checked my nitrates today and they were forty ppm lol so i'm just going to not do water changes as often
Cool deal.
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post

Cool deal.
How difficult are they to take care of (crayfish )
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

How difficult are they to take care of (crayfish )
Supper easy. As long as you only have 1 they keep to themselves and keep the tank clean.
__________________
Brad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad M View Post

Supper easy. As long as you only have 1 they keep to themselves and keep the tank clean.
Ok yes I would love to have a tank set up just for a cray
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

How difficult are they to take care of (crayfish )
Cant help there mine died. I think I underfed them. They are really cool!
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

Ok yes I would love to have a tank set up just for a cray
Ok leme go back then... if its just cray then a little work is involved. For starters they will try and kill one another. If you have a big enough tank then the weaker ones can run and you will be fine.

Second they do great in fish tanks since they eat everything the fish dont as well as fish waist. Without the fish you need to feed them. Sinker pellets make a great stample for daily feeding. Twice a week I may feed them some carrots and 1 time a week something like clams of the half shell or blood worms.
__________________
Brad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad M View Post

Ok leme go back then... if its just cray then a little work is involved. For starters they will try and kill one another. If you have a big enough tank then the weaker ones can run and you will be fine.

Second they do great in fish tanks since they eat everything the fish dont as well as fish waist. Without the fish you need to feed them. Sinker pellets make a great stample for daily feeding. Twice a week I may feed them some carrots and 1 time a week something like clams of the half shell or blood worms.
What fish are they good with
@godfan don't mean you should give up
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

What fish are they good with
@godfan don't mean you should give up
Oh trust me Im not! I will be adding one or 2 to my shrimp tank eventually.
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post

Oh trust me Im not! I will be adding one or 2 to my shrimp tank eventually.
Nice would they get along with my dg in my ten
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post

What fish are they good with
@godfan don't mean you should give up
Any fish that is quick and isnt a low tank level swimmer. If a fish gets sick or slows down the cray can get them but 99% of the time the cray will just sit and wave its arms trying to catch the fish when they swim by. 80% of your freshwater fish will be just fine as long as they are healthy. If you have fish in there I would still give him the occasional carrot or frozen meal. They get there calcium from eating the shedded exoskeleton.
__________________
Brad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad M View Post

Any fish that is quick and isnt a low tank level swimmer. If a fish gets sick or slows down the cray can get them but 99% of the time the cray will just sit and wave its arms trying to catch the fish when they swim by. 80% of your freshwater fish will be just fine as long as they are healthy. If you have fish in there I would still give him the occasional carrot or frozen meal. They get there calcium from eating the shedded exoskeleton.
So a dwarf gourami will be fine mine tend to stay middle not completely down
__________________

__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.