Question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have you bought a used tank that had been resealed and did it work? I have 2 tanks that you can tell have sealant on them that's just how they were made, cheaper tanks but still good.

I found an ad on Craigslist for a very cheap 20 gal long. And he said he resealed it, I did ask him what that meant as in if it had come undone or what and what he had in it before.
Has anyone come across something like that or is better just get a new one??

Another question a little off topic but I have a 10 gal that is cycled. My husband said he wouldn't care if I got another 20 gal (already have 1) if I got rid of some of my tanks. So I was thinking the 10 gal and 2 1.5 tanks I have up. And rehoming everyone into the 20 gal I already have set up. (4 platy 1 betta and 3 platy fry) I'd keep the fry in a smaller container in the 20 gal.
I was thinking of using the media, plants gravel, and filter to cycle both 20 gal since the 20 gal I have up at the moment is cycling.

What would be my best option to seed the tank that I have up right now to be able to get it ready to add the platys/betta?

resealing is the silicone you see in the corner. you can take that out and put new silicone if its worn out. there is also silicone in between the glass at the corners ( thats the seal that holds the tank toghether ) . the seal you see at the corner is there to protect the seal between the glass.

i would split the biomedia from the 10 gallon in half and put in each 20 gallon filter( adding more biomedia to make it full of course ) that will seed both tanks

I don't want to use the gravel in either of my tanks should I just tie it off in panty hose or something of the sort? And for the filter I know the carbon is pointless to use so should I just cut the blue part and add it to the the filter?

from bottom to top depending on how your filter flows... sponge/ blue pad -biomedia-floss/purigen or just floss.

np

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom