Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mkeuper6361

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi y'all! I have 2 fish and idk if they are male or female. I would like to know their genders.

Attachments

• image-543717208.jpg
    image-543717208.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3293039099.jpg
    image-3293039099.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 78
If you have a male and a female, maybe the female will die from too much sex from the male... They're playboy addict fishs. Best ratio should be 3-5 female for 1 male.

But if you have a female and a male you'll get a surprise one morning.

Thanks!!!! Helps a lot! I don't have to worry about babies (I'm a starter so I couldn't handle it!) unless they are gay fish... lol

Do you see the photos I have on the top? I want to know whether those fish are male and female, male and male, or female to female. Just want to know that... I am confused, Im a stupid beginner! Sorry

It's okay.:) You have two males, as far as I can tell from the pictures. Look at their bottom fins, there will be one in the middle near the anus. If it is pointed they are makes and if they are more rounded they are female.

As someone else stated, you should probably get a few females. I just wanted to add though that males can be aggressive toward other males if there are no females to "occupy their time". They generally won't nip at each other but they will chase each other to no end. Not in all cases, but its not uncommon. Also, I have read that it is not uncommon for male guppies to flirt with other male guppies if there are no females around. Guess it depends on the personality of the fish.

Really? Interesting. I'll take it into consideration but I seriously can't handle babies at this time! I have been looking at their behavior and they seem to be doing just fine. Thanks for the help!

Really? Interesting. I'll take it into consideration but I seriously can't handle babies at this time! I have been looking at their behavior and they seem to be doing just fine. Thanks for the help!

I'm in a similar position as you, a limited space aquarium with a detailed stock plan. I ended up going with males and females as suggested by most here via a poll I posted. Just 2 days ago I had my first fry born! :) Over the course of 2 days, I counted at least 10 fry. They were all eaten within minutes of being born. If any do make it to adult size, I will bring to my LFS no problem. This is nature. Some would argue keeping all of one sex is unnatural. It's up to you!

Back
Top Bottom