Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I understand the pain. I think my friends have just learned to deal with my ramblings about fish.

Hah, I use a lecture about why scars got their scientific name from their eating habits when I want to be alone.

Sent via TIE Fighter

And for those who don't know, Scatophagus means "poop eater" an ichthyopthirius means "fish sucking worm/louse"

Sent via TIE Fighter

I often use words like that to confuse the bullies who think I'm too obsessed with fish... They are so dumb...

Sent via TIE Fighter

And for those who don't know, Scatophagus means "poop eater" an ichthyopthirius means "fish sucking worm/louse"

Sent via TIE Fighter

Dang, you remind me of 7th grade me! Except I always liked to bring up chromobotia meaning "colored warrior"- the "botia" genus being so named because of the spines under their eyes- the weapons of a fishy warrior :) And if I really wanted to sound smart I'd say "sinibotia longiventralis" or "yasuhikotakia sidthimunki" really fast (although the latter isn't even accurate taxonomically anymore; now it's ambastaia sidthimunki)

Oh, and macracanthus means "large and thorny". So the clown loach is a large, thorny, colorful warrior :)

There's only one other person at my school who is interested in fish, none of my friends are interested, and nobody at the LFS really seems to takes me seriously, so this is the only place where I can talk about fish with other people all I want. So I want to thank all of you for that.

Dang, you remind me of 7th grade me! Except I always liked to bring up chromobotia meaning "colored warrior"- the "botia" genus being so named because of the spines under their eyes- the weapons of a fishy warrior :) And if I really wanted to sound smart I'd say "sinibotia longiventralis" or "yasuhikotakia sidthimunki" really fast (although the latter isn't even accurate taxonomically anymore; now it's ambastaia sidthimunki)

Oh, and macracanthus means "large and thorny". So the clown loach is a large, thorny, colorful warrior :)

Big thorny and colourful. Hm. What about bichirris? Sorry for the spelling. It means roughly "shadowed/hidden/transparent fin possessing 2 hairs"

Sent via TIE Fighter

I'm going into 7th grade and I know as much as anyone on this board (I hope!) No1 at my school likes fish though...

Sent via TIE Fighter

Its great you're on the right track but as a seventh grader there are people on the forum who have been doing this 3x as long as Ur age. I don't mean to condescend at all, in fact I'm super impressed with your knowledge and give you mad respect, however saying you know as much as anyone here is a pretty big stretch bud. Just keep it up and you will though.

Its great you're on the right track but as a seventh grader there are people on the forum who have been doing this 3x as long as Ur age. I don't mean to condescend at all, in fact I'm super impressed with your knowledge and give you mad respect, however saying you know as much as anyone here is a pretty big stretch bud. Just keep it up and you will though.

I think I know quite a bit. In this hobby though, you can never know everything. I'm always learning new things... Thanks for saying that nicely. People on other forums would be yelling "git off this forums newb u no nothin abot fish u noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

Sent via TIE Fighter

Back
Top Bottom