Question about Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And here people say angels don't like current in the aquarium but my two seem to enjoy playing in it. :D

Nice new Angels!! They are gonna grow fast! Good luck with them.
Our angels grew really fats from a small size. Water changes are a good key to get them to grow.

P.S. Our Angels & tetras love to play in the fresh water stream and the air bubbler, seems many fish enjoy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sadly, I lost the black one after 3 days...I couldn't get him to eat. I think he was too stressed from being moved too much. The white one seems to be doing well and I picked up a regular black angel that is eating great so far. Both seem happy and healthy now. Keeping my fingers crossed..

Aww sorry for your loss. I bought 3 baby angels 2 weeks ago , one sadly died after 2 days but the other 2 are doing great, they are with my 2 adopted angels, .... I wish I had got angels years ago, beautiful fish :) hope your little guys are doing ok ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Aww sorry for your loss. I bought 3 baby angels 2 weeks ago , one sadly died after 2 days but the other 2 are doing great, they are with my 2 adopted angels, .... I wish I had got angels years ago, beautiful fish :) hope your little guys are doing ok ?

Thank you and yes both are still doing great as of this morning. They are eating well and swimming normally. The new angel I picked up is currently trying to chow down a blood worm lol. Poor guy is so small it's quite the mouthful for him. He apparently had it rough before I adopted him as his dorsal fin had been shredded a bit at the tip as you an see in the picture. Hoping he will now heal nicely in my tank.

Black%20Angel.jpg

And now today I lost my other veil. He was swimming around this morning and looked fine, then a few hours later he was upside down stuck to my filter intake... :( Considering the other 27 fish in my tank are still doing perfectly fine - including the other angel I added 3 days ago - I am guessing these veils were just too young and stressed. It seems to be hard to tell when veils are stressed since their fins normally look clamped down. My regular angel is still eating like a pig and swimming around happily, fins outstretched. Crossing my fingers that he doesn't meet the same fate...

Both veils were roughly the size of a quarter. Anyone else had bad luck with them at this size?

I think you just bought from a bad stock. My pair were about that size when I bought them. I currently have 6 dime sized angel that I've had for about a week with no deaths so far.

I think you just bought from a bad stock. My pair were about that size when I bought them. I currently have 6 dime sized angel that I've had for about a week with no deaths so far.

Yeah probably...hope that's all it is. Btw, how big is your 6 angel tank?

They are in a 55g ATM. Once they get bigger and pair. I'll keep a pair in the 55g and either sell the rest. Or I will set up my empty 44g or 30g and put them in there.

Well my 2 remaining angels died .. One within a day or so of the first and the other last night, I really think they were too small , I'm sad I loved my little dory she was a character .. She would nudge my Bruce who is 4 times the size of her and he'd swim off like a frightened little wuss... Rip dory x

Back
Top Bottom