Question about clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hardcore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
anyone here know anything about clown fish, need to ask you some questions about this little fellow we picked up, he is 5 to 6":lach::lach:

Are you talking about a saltwater clownfish? If so, pretty much the only 1 that gets that big is a maroon clown.

If you are talking about a freshwater clown loach, which can get to about 16", maybe someone more familiar with freshwater fish here can help you out.

sorry all , for takin so long on getting back , but we are in the middle of harvest, anyways the clown fish is a fresh water, the thing i was woundering how they get along with everything, i have been noticing that he does not seem to get along with our ghost knife fish, so i was woundering how they temp is, but they really are kinda a weird looking fish , lol , kinda like a mouse face, lol

Wow 245 gal and your loaches are giving your knife crap. That doesn't sound like typical loach behavior to me. I saw one at the fish tank(about 55-60 gal) at my dentist office that was about 5-6 inches and a bout an 2.5 inches tall including the fin.

Here is a whole website devoted to the Clown Loach. I figured it would be better than regurgitating info

Clown Loach

sorry all , for takin so long on getting back , but we are in the middle of harvest, anyways the clown fish is a fresh water, the thing i was woundering how they get along with everything, i have been noticing that he does not seem to get along with our ghost knife fish, so i was woundering how they temp is, but they really are kinda a weird looking fish , lol , kinda like a mouse face, lol

There are many different fresh water fish referred to as "clown fish". Google Clown Loach, and Clown Knife if you are not sure. Those two are likely to be it if I have judged your setup correctly.

Once we know more specifically than "clown fish" we can give you the best advice :D

Back
Top Bottom