question about compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OBEYtheFISH

Aquarium Advice Addict
i wanted to get a heavily planted 100 gallon tank going
& the fish i wanted to stock was a few discus maybe 6 or 8 with my juvenile bichirs about 6 of them
is that way too much for the tank
& would the Discus & Bichirs get along?

all input would be great thank you!

Not sure but I think bichirs and discus should be fine since they're big enough not to get eaten. But space wise that's a lot of bichirs, I'd only say two per every fifty gallons because they get like a foot long.

i was thinking that
too many bichirs but it is going to have a lot & i mean a lot
also since bichirs are bottom dwellers & discus are mid tank
can a juvi silver arowana be in there until it gets too big for that tank?

OBEYtheFISH said:
i was thinking that
too many bichirs but it is going to have a lot & i mean a lot
also since bichirs are bottom dwellers & discus are mid tank
can a juvi silver arowana be in there until it gets too big for that tank?

Until it gets big and if you have a spare 8x2 or 8x4 tank for them yes it should e fine. If not no.
I'm not sure what you mean on the discus and bichir. As in you're having more bichirs or more discus?

bruinsbro1997 said:
Until it gets big and if you have a spare 8x2 or 8x4 tank for them yes it should e fine. If not no.
I'm not sure what you mean on the discus and bichir. As in you're having more bichirs or more discus?

I'm sure I can get one soon
& it'll be a couple of years
Also the amount of bichirs would be 2 since they do get rather large

Tigroscr said:
IMO the arowana would be ok with the bichirs but I'm not so sure about the arowana with Discus?

I think the discus would be too big for the arowana

Tigroscr said:
I was thinking IMO arowana would be too aggressive for Discus, and Arowana can be HUGE :)

Especially when it came time for feeding poor Discus wouldn't get anything to eat competing with Arowana! Shoot my TO probably wouldn't get anything to eat either in a tank with an Arowana lol! He'd starve to death!

Back
Top Bottom