Question about cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am upgrading my 30 gallon to a 60 gallon this week (yay!). I am going to be moving everything from the 30 to the 60. Obviously I'll be getting another filter to supplement the bigger volume but I'll still use the one I have now. My question is, by using everything in the old tank, will I have to wait for the new one to cycle? And if so, how long do you suggest. Thanks for your time!

Nope, if you move the current filter to the new tank it'll instantly cycle it for the fish you have now (or you can move the filter media over to the new filter if it fits, either way would work).

Ditto ▲▲▲▲

Will you be increasing the count on the same stock or will you be adding different fish? Just curious.

David

Ditto ▲▲▲▲

Will you be increasing the count on the same stock or will you be adding different fish? Just curious.

David

I haven't decided yet. I have 8 rainbowfish now and I think I want at least 2 more. And I have one GBR and think I want one more of those too. After that, not sure. I was thinking about a couple of angels but need to do some more research. I hear they can become aggressive when they're grown so not sure yet. A school of corys maybe. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom