Question about dying fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyanna5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought some goldfish and 2 algey eaters as well as 2 colbin sharks and 2 albino catfish. My catfish and sharks are doing great in their tank but I lost all the goldfish and one of my algey eaters a month after getting them.
I then bought one goldfish and 2 spotted catfish for the empty tank yesterday and I've already lost one catfish. The other is dying and I don't know why or how to stop this nor help the one which is still alive...What should I do?

Have you cycled your tanks? Please check out the link in my thread...it explains the importance and the process.

Since you already have fish, you're going to need to do a "fish in" cycle. I'll try to find the link.

Do you have a test kit? If so, what type? Your should go do a large pwc (partial water change) immediately. Make sure you use your dechlorinator when you do it.

I'll be back with the link.

ummm?

I don't use well water the pet shop said I don't a dehidranator thing because we have no chlorine or chemicals in our well.

I have fully treated the tank for hardness and the Ph lvl but it's not lowering anything it stays right where it was when I did it.

Even before you read the links...go do the 75% pwc, or two back to back 50% changes. What is happening right now is that your fish are suffering from ammonia poisoning which is burning and damaging their gills.

If there is anyway to return your fish or give them to a friend...it's what you're gonna need to do. We can get your tank cycled with fish in it...but the fish you have simply aren't gonna get along...how big is the tank?

Kyanna5 said:
I don't use well water the pet shop said I don't a dehidranator thing because we have no chlorine or chemicals in our well.

I have fully treated the tank for hardness and the Ph lvl but it's not lowering anything it stays right where it was when I did it.

Have you tested for ammonia, nitrItes and nitrAtes? Those are what matters.

Back
Top Bottom