Question about Fish and Frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bpoppa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So...

I have a 50gal freshwater tank currently with 3 Dalmatian Mollies and 2 Lyretail Mollies and 1 Male Betta. Wife got some african dwarf frogs from a friend. Can I put the frogs in the tank?

Did a lot of reading online, some say no way, some say yes. I just don't want them to harm my fish.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jim

I have some ADF and have had African Clawed frogs as well. I would suggest not in the 50g. Its too deep of a tank for the little frogs to swim to the surface to get air. 10 to 20 gallon long would be better.

Thats what I was thinking but was not sure. Really appreciate your feedback, thanks!

I have them together with no harm to the fish. As far as tank depth goes, I've heard everything from 12-24"and deeper, as long as there are plants they would be able to rest on closer to the surface.
That said, what I've read has made me nervous to put them in a deeper tank.
Another challenge is just making sure they are getting enough to eat, since their eyesight is poor, and the fish can out compete them for food. Mine do well with frozen shrimp and bloodworms, I guess because its easier than pellets to find by smell.

Back
Top Bottom