question about frozen food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thawed some frozen food out for my fish yesterday and put the extra in a container intending to put it in the fridge. However I forgot and it ending up sitting out for about 14 hours before I noticed it and put it in the fridge. Is this still safe to feed them or should I toss it??

Did it change colors or start stinking in a really bad way? If so, toss it.

I have left blood worms out for a few hours, 10 I think, while I was at work, and they were fine. They did smell a little bit different, but the fish gobbled them up and had no problems afterwards.

I'd toss it... I know I wouldn't want to eat anything that had been sitting out that long... Lol just defrost another bit and don't forget to refrigerate the rest this time! Better safe than sorry! :)

Frozen Food

I thawed some frozen food out for my fish yesterday and put the extra in a container intending to put it in the fridge. However I forgot and it ending up sitting out for about 14 hours before I noticed it and put it in the fridge. Is this still safe to feed them or should I toss it??

Hello dat...

Just toss it. Not worth the risk to your fish. Replacing the food is much cheaper than replacing your fish.

B

Ugh I just smelled it and it is RANCID! lol dumped it in the toilet and I'm gonna thaw some new cubes. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom