Question about lunar LED's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjong4590

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Quad T5 from Odyssea (I know..please don't criticize me:ermm: ), and it came with 2 Lunar LEDs.

I just cycled my planted tank and added some fish in there (neon tetras, harlequin rasboras, and otto cats)

Should I leave these on all night or should I leave them on for a brief period of time during the night and then turn them off once I go to sleep?

I heard that if its too dark, fish can't see and might have a chance to jump out of the tank or something :blink:

Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks! (y)

If a fish wants to jump, it'll jump regardless if there is light or not lol (have had my cichlids do this when the wife forgot to shut the lid). I usually turn my moonlights on for an hour then shut them off, afterwards I still see them swimming about and maneuvering around rocks, so more likely than not their eyes adjust to the darkness.

IMO the blue lights still give the fish enough light that they don't rest as much than if the lights are completely off. As in nature they need darkness to "get a good night's sleep" however fishys sleep. I time my blue lights to go off at 10pm. OS.

Yeah, plus there's always some kind of light coming in through windows and such, unless the room has no windows or you live in an area with little to no street lights :p .

Back
Top Bottom