Question about overflows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
I purchased a new 165 gallon tank with dual overflows. I'll be running a Aquapro 175d sump. My question is the tank has built in overflows with 2 holes drilled in each...do i run dual returns or just plug the extra hole. This will be a freshwater mbuna tank(first time using a pre-drilled tank with a sump).

You could plug the extras if you don't need them, or set them up as a redundant system. I don't know if you really need to use all four, but it's an option.

the smaller ones are for the returns, the larger are to the sump. should one large hole and one smaller hole in each overflow.

You want to learn how to do this? I am setting up up plumbing on sunday morning, I am 20 minutes south of you by spring hill mall.

All my plumbing is under and inside the tank, nothing hangs off the tank at all.
The overflows should have two half circle knock outs on them. That is where I am putting my returns and running them down the sides into spray bars.

I got the Ap400 sump as well as the 175 here now. Very good filters.
But if you want to see how its done come on down, only request is help get the tank downstairs, I got 4 guys lined up but the only lifting is the garage to the top of the stairs(10 feet) then another MAYBE 10' at the bottom to get it on the stand.

Funny you say that my tank is still in my garage waiting for help to get it in the house. But i may take you up on the offer to see how it's done...pm me you phone if you would like.

yeah I had to get 4 people to help me cause my back is fubar. But ill Pm you my cell. Best way to do it, call 4 big buds up, tell em free beer.

Back
Top Bottom