Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
Question about Spotted Cory Catfish

I've had my spotted cory catfish for almost 6 months or longer I'm going to say and I have an albino and green in there as well..and those guys maxed out at about an inch and this one's like...wider and longer than those two.. I'm starting to wonder if this is first off a different sex but are these guys supposed to be this big?? o-o

Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Mine are about 2-2 1/2". I also have some green cories that are 3".

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I recall reading that female corys of any color would be rounder and fatter than the smaller males. It is possible you have a female and the others are males.

On a side note, I think it's hilarious that I have three coreys and you and I have the exact same mix. Small world, eh? My corys are all quite old, my green is 14 if you can believe it. They are all about 2 inches or so with the albino being the largest. I think that one is about 2.5 and probably a female.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

That is my understanding with the cory cats as well...the females are bigger and rounder.
I have an albino we call "Big Mamma". She is a length and a half longer than my other and twice as round. They are also about 8 years old.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, in my sexed pair (by virtue of their spawning) the female is quite round.

Not the greatest picture but you can see big momma with the daddy to the left. One of two babies that survived is on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happyfamily_113.jpg (31.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 02-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
Well the only reason I thought it was female was because it's got a bowfronted belly LOL and I swore that I could see eggs in there but I've never seen cory eggs laid anywhere x3

Spot is just like... wider if you look down at 'im.... maybe 1" across and 2-2.5" long LOL my other ones are like... .5 and 1-1.5 xD

** Yeah that looks like like spot....one of the big fat ones

Tags
catfish, cory, cory cat, cory catfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com