Question About Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been a long time since I've logged on here but just as a refresher, I currently have a 150 gallon tank. I'm running an FX5 and FX6 on it for filtration.

I am moving in two weeks and don't really feel like lugging this giant glass aquarium with me. I think I'm going to buy an acrylic aquarium and have it delivered to my house once I've gotten moved in. I'm planning on upgrading to a 225 gallon tank, 72x24x30, and am considering having it set up with overflows and draining into a sump system rather than having to deal with making new spray bars and getting new hoses to account for the eurobracing on the acrylic tank.

The tank will have my current stock in it: 5 denison barbs, 11 rainbows, 5 threadfin geophagus, a senegal bichir, and a featherfin catfish. With the increased size I may bump up the numbers on my barbs and rainbows but for the most part I want to keep it pretty much the same. What would be the minimum size tank you would use for a sump for this size aquarium given that the bioload isn't anything ridiculous and the only reason I'm considering it is because I'm having the tank built anyways and I'm sick of cleaning the FX series canisters.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom