Question On Fish Compatibilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishLover14

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would the follwoing fish be an okay combination in a 55gal FW Tank with some rock.

Black Phantom Tetras
Red Phantom Tetras
Yo-Yo Loaches
Black Finned Catfish- Also Known as White Tipped Shark
Chocolate Plecosomous
Gold Severum
Figure Eight Puffer
Kribensis
Blue And Gold Ram
Giant Giramia

I am going to pick my favorites out of this fish list to have I just need to know if they are all compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Dan :)

If I am not mistaken the puffer would need a brackish system to be entirely happy for life, while the others may not appreciate that.

Also, not 100% sure but will the catfish get too big for a 55?

cool, so the cat is cool.

I can't find a pic, what does he look like? I am starting a new FW tank and wanna check one out.

Stay on for a minute i'll post a pic of my catfish.

The krib will be okay in the tank then?

I am a little nervous about the krib.

Do you mean a giant gourami? If so, a 55 gal is not large enough for one.

Also, the black-fin shark/catfish may also prefer brackish as it matures, but probably a 90gal will be minimum for that fish as well.

I may be confused about which species you intend, as the common names that one LFS uses might refer to a different fish than in another LFS across the country.

I mean a dwarf giramia.. no not a giant one.

the catfish is only supposed to get 7 inches and likes fresh just fine thats what the loacal fish store said?

Okay, dwarf gourami is cool, big difference! I'd look into the scientific name for the catfish you mention, so you can be sure about what the potential size is and other requirements.

What I know as a white tip shark is an ocean-dwelling creature that once ran me off a reef when scuba diving, but that's another story... :lol:

Lol Tankgirl.

I found his profile turns out he gets 12 inches, sigh i pick out the biggest fish in world.

Back
Top Bottom