question on my 2 goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janeth0185

Aquarium Advice Regular
well i have 2 goldfish at the moment, i will be moving to another state in a few months( 24 hour drive, but takes us bout 3 to 4 days with stops) , my question is how can i take my fish along with the drive without causing them any stress or even less causing them to die.i wont be able to have them in there tank obviously, but how can i transport them and have them last me those 3 or 4 days on the road with us. i really dont want to give them away if i really have a safe way to bring them along.i just have no clue how i can bring them along..any suggestions??.thank u:confused::angel::fish1:

U can try an insulated minnow bucket & a battery powered air pump, from sporting goods at Walmart, it will run a day & a 1/2 off of 1 battery.

Petshop also have anti stress stuff for fish, don't know if they have it for sale, but if you are a regular customer they'll surely give you some. I work in a factory, where we use 4 liter/1gallon soap dispensers depending on your fish size they'll do just fine, I use then for plants fish soil, after I cleaned them really good. Never had any problems, fish in there for emergency 5 days. Refresh water every day 50-70% and they will do fine. Good luck with transport

Dear Janeth0185,

In addition to the buckets suggested, another option is using a large cooler and using either the battery operated air stone or the filter plugged into the lighter-type socket converter that some vehicles have. The large cooler gives you a cover--big bonus--and its walls are thicker and insulated to maintain the water temp. Plus it's easier to move. In addition to the Prime and stresscoat, etc. please consider feeding prior to the trip then not during the trip. (Less food = less waste=less ammonia, etc. Most goldies can go without food for a couple of days. Good luck!
Chris

Back
Top Bottom