Question on purchasing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blos85

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering if anyone on here has been ripped off purchasing off of the classifieds and im seeking some pointers as to protect yourself from getting ripped off???

purchasing anything online is a tricky experience, especially living things. I have never been ripped off persay but I have received fish that were very sickly. 1 person made good on it, another did not. Buying on forum classifieds is better than say ebay because you can look around at the users activity and get an idea of what type of person they are. Also if they aren't good on what they promised you can make it known.

My first experience of buying fish online was only 2-3weeks ago as the fish I wanted weren't in any of my lfs and I didn't want to order them in (I don't know why) so I bought them online from a mbuna breeder here in the UK. I'm so happy I did, the quality of the fish I received were 10/10.

I buy almost everything these days and have yet to run into trouble, 99% of things for sale online are from genuine people like you or me trying to sell their stuff. If buying from an individual ask for a contact number and call them, pick up on their vibe and try to evaluate their personality and make a decision.

Thanks everyone you've all been very helpful. A special thanks for the sticky! I never seen that on here but that is very informative

Back
Top Bottom