Questions about Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justsomedude89

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently my tank has been set up for a week going through a fishless cycle. as it sits now i am using the filiter that came with the tank when i purchased it. the tank is a 29 gallon and it is filtered with a topfin 30 filter. after doing some reasearch (i know shoulda researched before purchasing) i learned that the filter is probably not adequate for the tank. now should i purchase a new filter now? or wait until my tank is cycled and has been stocked?

also what filters should i look into as a replacement for my current one? where are some places that any of u here at AA could reccomend to purchase the filter for the best price?

Aqua clear filters are highly recommended around here. I just got one to filter my 29g tank.

You should get it now since it will allow the beneficial bacteria you are trying to build up, to get settled in your new filter equipment.

I picked up my aqua clear from petsmart. I bought it, on sale, online, with free shipping for $30.

If you go with the Aquaclear filter there should be plenty of room to add the filter cartridge from your old filter along with the new filter's media.

If this were my tank, I would go ahead and purchase the Aquaclear 110 as this should suffice for all your filtration needs and more than enough water flow (can be reduced). But since you asked, the Emperor allows for 280gph whereas the Aquaclear 50 allows for 200gph. I like the housing as well in the AC since it resembles a 'great room' rather than compartmentalized rooms. Just my .02 :)

Back
Top Bottom