Questions about NEW blue angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a blue angel today and for some reason he will not leave the back corner on the left side of my tank. I would consider myself an experienced fish keeper and I can't figure it out. Any ideas? We can rule out water quality and tank size.

I bought a blue angel today and for some reason he will not leave the back corner on the left side of my tank. I would consider myself an experienced fish keeper and I can't figure it out. Any ideas? We can rule out water quality and tank size.

Angelfish are shy by nature, at first.:brows: I just added 2 to a tank about 3 weeks ago and they just stuck together behind a plant for about 10 days, coming out only to feed. NOW, a totally different story. They greet me when I come out to the tank and with my workbench being right behind the tank, they stay and watch me working all day. They look like they are waiting for something to fall into the tank so they can eat it. Just make sure the fish is eating and don;t be too concerned about the shyness at first. (As long as the water quality is not an issue ;))

Hope this helps (y)

I've had angels before and I know about their shyness. This seems a little different for some reason. Hopefully that's it!!

I've had angels before and I know about their shyness. This seems a little different for some reason. Hopefully that's it!!

The other possibility is that you got a sick fish?
Other ??: Is this the only Angel in the tank now? Are the other fish in the tank too intimidating to this fish? How small is the new Angel? All these can be a factor as to it's behavior.

It's the only angel in the tank but I seriously doubt it's sick. It's about three inches and I bought him from a local breeder that deals only in angels. One thing I thought might be the cause if his shyness(or whatever it is) was the large group of schooling tetras I have. Seems strange though that an angel of his size would be intimidated by such a smaller fish.

Just fed him. He's eating!! Guess your right and I'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the responses Andy! Just in case you were curious about what he looks like here's a pic

Attachments

• image-323206080.jpg
    image-323206080.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom