Questions about Thread Fin Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up 3 Thread Fin Acaras from my LFS that someone brought in. They are about 6-7" long and I put them in my 220g tank. Now this tank is a south american tank so its sand and live plants. I was searching for Geophagus altifrons for months and gave up as no one could get me any for a decent price. So I started stocking the tank with other fish including a group of Neon Tetras and two small gold rams. Fish in there prior where 2 larger GBR, 3 fully grown Gold Vail Angels that are probably 10"+ top to bottom.

After putting in the thread fins my water is constantly cloudy. I think they are sifting sand and right now I dont have anything that filters sentiment out of the water so its always cloudy. and I have found both my gold rams dead and there is only 1 neon tetra left. I havent had issues before them are they possibly eating/attacking the smaller fish in the tank? The angels dont have any nips in their fins and the GBR swim right along side of the Acaras and they dont seem to mind at all.

Water Parameters are solid.

Back
Top Bottom