Questions on Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyCakes81

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ever since I wanted to setup my Fish Tank, I wanted a Dwarf Gourami. But in this forum and others warns about the dreaded drawrf gourami disease. I really want one for my center piece because my other choices take up bottom level real estate. For example, rams; peacock gudgeons; and sparkling gourami(are social and like to be in groups).
So guess my question is, how about if I buy it from Liveaquaria.com? They have that 14 day guarantee. Also my brother offered to pay the 35.00 shipping.

Why not look at gold or pearl gourami? I believe golds are the smaller of the two

I'm not overly sure ill double check on that. I have two in a 55 so ill dig up what I can

Live aquaria says a minimum of 20 gallons. But doesn't specify tank dimensions. The Max they grow they say is 6 inches.

20 gallons is only really suitable for a dwarf, honey, or sparkling gourami. Personally I'd go with a honey -- they're very, very hardy and once they color up they're a beautiful combination of yellow and orange.

I have a honey gourami that is aggressive in my 20g. It was very peaceful for months, then just started chasing my tetras/danios. Before that I had a DG that was even worse. I guess what I'm saying is just be prepared even months down the road for aggressive behavior.

Yes its normaly when the fish hits puberty the fights begin

Back
Top Bottom