Questions...questions and more questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkle852

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I have a 55 gal tank and I want to start adding some fish to it:p...but not sure which ones will eat the others. I want to get a Hammers Cobalt Lobster along with some red cherry shrimp AND freshwater clams. Will the Lobster eat the shrimp AND the clams:confused:? I was also told if I get mystery snails the lobster will eat those..which is fine with me...cause Ive had those things multiply by the thousands;)! My next question is what are the most colorful, peaceful freshwater fish? Basically confused and need some advice:?....thanks in advance!

Welcome to AA. I`m going to move this to the FW general discussion forum. You`ll recieve more answers there as this is the welcome wagon.

I think your lobster will eat the clams and the red cherry shrimp. I know the crayfish we had (blue lobster is the same thing) would tear up our snails (didn't matter which snail, it was dinner) and I have no doubt they would have eaten the shrimp. RCS don't get very large

Fish with lobsters can be a hit or miss thing. We had our crayfish in with cichlids and they still tried to eat them. Crayfish (lobsters) are best kept alone.

When our crayfish were tearing through our 120 eating every plant in sight like they were at a salad bar, I threatened them with a can of Old Bay seasoning. ;)

Back
Top Bottom