Quick question about my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obscurereef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm no expert on bettas so any help would be appreciated :). I have a moontail betta that I want to transfer from a small 2 gallon bowl to a 10 gallon planted aquarium. The 10 gallon has been established for 4 or more years and I have 2 x-ray tetras, 1 chinese algae eater, and 4 neon tetras. I think the stock is already pushing it, but I was wondering if it would be alright to add the betta. Will there be more aggression? :thanks:

That would be pushing the limits of the 10 gallon for sure. The Chinese algae eater either is too big or will grow too big for that tank size. Without the CAE I think it could work, but you never know how bettas will react to other fish.

The only concern is the CAE, they can grow to around 10inchs, and get terrortorial when the get older and will attack other fish including what you have in there already, I would rehome him and put the Betta in.

I was thinking that too. I call him the grandpa of the tank because he will sometimes chase off the other fish trying to pick at his food like "get off my lawn you crazy kids!" :lol: I've had him over a year and was suprised when I found out they could get so big, but he hasn't grown a whole lot. I don't know though, because when I added the small neon tetras he didn't bother them (so I don't know if he'd attack the betta or not), but if he got bigger, I wouldn't hesitate to give him away. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom