Quick Stocking Questio (28 Gallon Hex)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
Going on a petstore shopping trip for my birthday, and I would like to add some more fish to the tank upstairs. It has: 1 small angelfish, 3 cardinal tetras, and 2 platies. I was wondering if I could add 1-2 more angel fish, and then add 2 more cardinals, and a few more platies? Or any other suggestions?

I'm just gonna say this before anyone else does, your tanks too small for more angels unfortunately :( I know it sucks cause they're really cool fish! the 2 extra cardinals and a few platies wouldnt hurt and maybe if you're looking for more of a centerpiece kind of fish you can look into a dwarf gourami, they're super cool, don't get big like other gouramis and they're best kept alone like all gouramis. or you can add a school of some smaller fish like guppies, other tetras, cherry barbs etc. or you can maybe even add a bottom dweller like bristlenose pleco or a school of Cory's

I concur, the tanks are just too small for more angles. I agree with all the above suggestions. Harliquin Rasboras would look nice, say 6-8 or a 6 fish group of penguin tetras. You could go with a few corys or if you don't have live plants get a dwarf crayfish. I like crayfish and have one in every tank except my cichlid tanks-they are pets not snacks.

More cardinals and maybe some furcata rainbows for the top would be nice. Cories are always a good community tank addition. A honey gourami or a single ram could work as well.

I will just get more schoolers. I want cories but my parents don't like them. Not colorful enough. Going to the LFS today so I will let you know what I end up with. I was thinking that I couldn't get more angels, but wanted to check.

Back
Top Bottom