Quietest HOB....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, for my 75 gallon I have 2 tetra whisper ex 70s and they make a slight humming noise. Doesn't bother me that much but what would have to be the quietest HOB filter? Im not a fan of aqua clears because priming has always been an issue for me. I would like a quiet self priming filter. I heard the Marineland 400 is a good filter? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

Brian

I run a marineland filter on my 30 gallon and all I hear is water rushing across the tank. If I was u I would buy a canister filter. I have a canister filter for my 45 galling and u can't hear it at all. Worth the extra money. Plus it provides a better environment for your tank.

My 400's are very loud. Im in the process of replacing them BUT they filter well and have great flow. The 2 aquaclears i have start the same as the emperor filters just refill the filter after a water change and they start right up.

I run a marineland filter on my 30 gallon and all I hear is water rushing across the tank. If I was u I would buy a canister filter. I have a canister filter for my 45 galling and u can't hear it at all. Worth the extra money. Plus it provides a better environment for your tank.

Agree, I would definitely invist in a canister filter for a 75 gallon, you won't hear a thing.

Back
Top Bottom