R.I.P. Gold Nugget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spyyro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Had my little Gold Nugget Pleco for exactly a week and now he's gone. :cry: I got home late last night and he was there... alive and sucking on the side of the tank like he always did. Got up this morning and he was there... stiff body swaying in the current near the bottom. Not sure what happened. All my other fish are fine. No other fish was bothering or pestering him at all since I introduced him to the tank. I just checked all my levels in the tank and they were all within range. The PH and Nitrate levels were slightly on the higher end but still within spec in the test kit. I guess I'll clean the tank this weekend to try and help bring those levels back down lower. Any ideas on what may have caused this or do you think it could have been those levels?

*sigh* I hate losing fish... I had just completed a PWC shortly before I bought him.

First time I've lost a fish in quite some time. It's depressing... especially when it's a fish like that! Feel worse losing a GNP rather than something like a little Tetra.

i lost mine within the first three days. Same as you, no sign of disease, no problems with water params, he just decided not to do it anymore. I don't think I will end up buying another one. Too much $$ for a fish that is so sensitive.

I'm sorry about your loss... :(

Small consolation that it is, at least you got to see him while you had him... I think I've seen mine on the glass maybe 2x in the last year

Back
Top Bottom