Rainbow Dwarf Gourami Tankmates Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brevilo99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, I have a 29 gallon tank that is cycling now. I have it looking how I want it with plants etc. and now planning my fish to add. I want to keep a Dwarf Gourami as I love the look of them. Any suggestions on other tankmates that have worked for you? I have done Google searches that come up with many different ideas but would love to hear from those who actually keep Dwarf Gourami's successfully.

Thanks
Brandon

Hello, love the dwarf gouramis, especially the sparkling gourami. At the moment I have 3 almost full grown angels with 5 sparkling gouramis in a 29 extremely heavily planted,(not a square inch without plants) and they get along perfectly. The gouramis had been in the tank for few months establishing there zones and were very mature, (1.5”-1.8”) when I introduce the angels. Before the angels they were with cardinal tetras with no issues. They have tons of hiding spots to run if scared. At feeding time the gouramis show no fear of the angels and the angels show no interest in them. Also at night the audible croaking is still frequent, makes me assume the gouramis are content with the living situation. This is the only time I’ve put dwarf gouramis with larger sized tank mates and there has been no issues just happy fish. Overall they seem like very docile fish only flaring fins at each other at times. I would avoid super darty fish like rainbows, could make the gouramis stay in hiding even more than they already like to do.

If you like pretty fish Id suggest keeping rainbow fish with them, they have an elongated tetra look that will contrast with the dwarf gouramis (fat tetra) shape.

Back
Top Bottom