Rainbow fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got my Bosemani Rainbows today. I bought 4 from Petsmart and bonus they were on sale.

I just realized that one is an Australian Rainbowfish. Will it be ok in a school of Bosemani? Not real thrilled to take a fish back to Petsmart. Lol

Never mind he's going back. They get to 8" ?! Wow. Pretty though.

I have three Australian, two Turquoise, one Boesemani and one Emerald and they all get along and school together just fine. I Love my Rainbowfish!

So they don't have to be in a school of like types?

Looks like Petsmarts estimation of the Australian growing to 8" could have been generous to say the least.

I would think 4-5" is more ideal with 5" probably pushing it.

Trying to decide weather to keep him. I have 3 bosemanis with him. I like the look of him but he and the 3 Bosemanis will be going into a 75 gallon with 10 Red Eye Tetras, 11 Flame Tetras and 10-13 Cory's (peppered and Trilineatus)

Thanks! Called the LFS today and they have all types of rainbow fish. My Austrailian isn't going back. Turns out he is my favorite I like him more than the Bosemanis! He's staying!

I have 10 australians in my 125g. I really like them, the larger they get the better the colors. The males look a lot better than the females, but that's usually the case. The best thing about them is Petsmart frequently has them on sale for $1 each.

I demand this one stay smaller. He will be going into a 75. Hopefully that is ok. The profile at liveaquaria said 55 gallon. If not let me know and I will run him down there (sniff sniff)

He should be fine in a 75g. I've never seen one over 5". There are probably some out there but I think 4" - 5" is the normal size.

The only reason I can think for returning the fish is that you paid for a more expensive fish. Those things run 12 bucks and the Australians are 2 bucks. The Bosemani might be the 8 dollar fish, I tend not to remember fish prices, but I know you paid for an expensive fish and got one that was 5x cheaper.

A little off topic here...

I went to Brookfield Zoo and they have a tank of Rainbow Fish. Really crowded but I was glad to see them. They have several tanks of fish I enjoyed looking at too bad I forgot the camera. Saltwater tanks were awesome.

I have no idea how much he would have cost but the Bosemanis were marked down to 5.99 from 11.99 (ack). So I'm good with his price. He's my favorite I've named him Bob. Lol

Wroberson said:
The only reason I can think for returning the fish is that you paid for a more expensive fish. Those things run 12 bucks and the Australians are 2 bucks. The Bosemani might be the 8 dollar fish, I tend not to remember fish prices, but I know you paid for an expensive fish and got one that was 5x cheaper.

A little off topic here...

I went to Brookfield Zoo and they have a tank of Rainbow Fish. Really crowded but I was glad to see them. They have several tanks of fish I enjoyed looking at too bad I forgot the camera. Saltwater tanks were awesome.

BROOKFIELD zoo has rainbowfish!!!! Where is the tank! I've been there a billion tines and never seen it lol
jlbfish said:
I have no idea how much he would have cost but the Bosemanis were marked down to 5.99 from 11.99 (ack). So I'm good with his price. He's my favorite I've named him Bob. Lol

5.99 is a great price foe boesmanis. I paid 15.99 last year for mibe

Back
Top Bottom