Rainbow shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gejegeb69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would I small juvenile rainbow shark do well in a 30 gallon tank until I upgrade to a 55 towards the end of the year, I have read up on red tail sharks but I get the impression they are more aggressive so I think the rainbow would be a better option, thanks.

What else is in the tank, or would the shark be by itself?

The thread is wrong but not sure if I can change it, it’s a 40 gallon breeder tank and it has a small shoal of Buenos Aires tetra

That should be fine. It could live out the rest of its life comfortably in a 40 breeder, but the 55 is ideal. In my experience rainbow sharks are less aggressive than redtails, but can still have an attitude. Your BA tetras are hardy fellows though so they should get along with him just fine.

That should be fine. It could live out the rest of its life comfortably in a 40 breeder, but the 55 is ideal. In my experience rainbow sharks are less aggressive than redtails, but can still have an attitude. Your BA tetras are hardy fellows though so they should get along with him just fine.
Ok thanks, would that be fully stocked or would there be room for anything else?

Back
Top Bottom