Rainbowfish and angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurie

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK, I've been all over the place with what I want to add to my 60 gallon stock. I was going to add more rainbows but I really would love to add two angels. Just not sure how they would get on.

Right now I have 10 rainbows, 6 cories, a GBR and a chinese algae eater (which will be rehomed shortly). The tank is doing well. It's been set up for two weeks but I upgraded from a 30 gallon...just moved everything over for instant cycle! I know angels aren't the easiest so I'd love to hear your opinions and advice. Thanks!

I keep two Angels with a small school of Praecox Rainbows. They get along swimmingly. ;)

I keep two Angels with a small school of Praecox Rainbows. They get along swimmingly. ;)
That's what I want to hear HAHA! How big are your angels? I know they can get pretty big. I want to be careful not to overstock.

I have 4 tourquise rainbows with 4 angels No problem 3angels are about 4" and 1 is about 5 1/5 rainbows are about 3" Rainbows dont bother the angels and the angels coulnt catch the rainbows if they wanted to.

Rainbowfish and angels are often kept together without issues. Adding two angels would be fine.

I have six angels with two bosemani rainbows in a 55 gallon and they get on fine! My largest angel is probably 10" tall, the rest are about three inches in body. Anyway the rainbows and angels keep to themselves. And before anyone says anything I know I'm overstocked with the angels, I am rehoming some today!

I have six angels with two bosemani rainbows in a 55 gallon and they get on fine! My largest angel is probably 10" tall, the rest are about three inches in body. Anyway the rainbows and angels keep to themselves. And before anyone says anything I know I'm overstocked with the angels, I am rehoming some today!

I would love to take a couple off your hands! The lfs is out of stock. Typical! Now that I've finally made a decision, I have to wait.

I would love to take a couple off your hands! The lfs is out of stock. Typical! Now that I've finally made a decision, I have to wait.

I was actually thinking about listing them on here but then I saw the most gorgeous baby angel at my lfs and decided to restart my 37 gallon with the new angel and two of my angels from the 55. So now I have three small angels in one and four larger ones in the other... And I'm sure that's probably still too many for each thank but OMG I can't stop!

I was actually thinking about listing them on here but then I saw the most gorgeous baby angel at my lfs and decided to restart my 37 gallon with the new angel and two of my angels from the 55. So now I have three small angels in one and four larger ones in the other... And I'm sure that's probably still too many for each thank but OMG I can't stop!

That is exactly what I'm afraid will happen...I'll fall in love and want more! It's what happened with the bows. I'm back on the fence about getting more bows since I can't get angels right now. Actually, I'm not. I want those angels. I'll just have to be patient. What type of angels do you have?

Well I'm not good with names so here are some photos lol

ForumRunner_20130203_192447.jpg
ForumRunner_20130203_192531.jpg
ForumRunner_20130203_192626.jpg
ForumRunner_20130203_192949.jpg
ForumRunner_20130203_193129.jpg

ForumRunner_20130203_193027.jpg
My newest addition

Well that didn't post the way I wanted to lol... The last one with the black stripes is the one that made me start another tank haha

Back
Top Bottom