Rainbowfish and powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im not sure if my rainbowfish like the powerhead. They stay in one spot in the current but they are in the back corner of the tank. I have the powerhead pointed so it will blow against the bow front of my tank. Any suggestions?

maybe it is to strong for them? do you turn it off at night so they have time to rest? rainbowfish do like to swim in current and they look really nice when they do, but im thinking it is either to strong or they are getting tired and need a break.

Ill try turning it down even more! I turned it completely off and they are moving around a little more but i feel better with the extra water movement

If you can not turn it down sufficiently, you can also tie a piece of filter foam over the outflow. I had to do this reduce the flow of some of the powerheads I have because they were blowing sand everywhere.

yea give it a try with the slower water movement and see if they like it better.
check out this vid and see if this is what yours are doing.

Yes thats what they are doing but its on the other side of the tank from the powerhead. I turned it way down and they seem more active

Back
Top Bottom