Rainbowfish Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mylifeasben

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

Hopefully I don't double up threads, I did a search with no results, so hopefully all is good!

I've got a group of Rainbowfish (5 Reds, 1 Goyder River and 2 Dwarf Neons) and I'm wondering if I'm feeding them right!

I feed them every morning with tropical flakes, and they eat the Corys sinking pellets and vege wafers.

Every couple of days I give them frozen Brine Shrimp and Bloodworm. They also seem to eat the Bristlenoses blanched carrot.

Is this enough or is there more I should be including in their diet?

Cheers,

Ben

Wow, reds are super cool! I only had blue, I fed mine once or twice with NLS pellets and they grew pretty well. I tend to feed more when juveniles and a bit less once grown.
I hope this helped.

I'm feeding mine frozen brine and blood worms and they go nuts. Won't touch flakes or pellets. :( . I need to make a batch of repashy and try them with that. Have you tried it? I heard you can replace some of the water with garlic juice from jarred garlic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like they're getting a good variety! Make sure the dwarf neons are actually getting enough food though, as they have fairly small mouths & throats if I remember right. You may need to crush some of the pellets if they're too big for them and let the larger species go for the full pellets.

One of my reds just had an argument with the rainbow shark over food, made himself nice and red!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409979912.135271.jpg

Back
Top Bottom