Ram cichlid tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I would suggest a stocking list, very similar to what's going into my 16: 2 Bolivian Rams, 8 Cardinal Tetras, 3 Guppies (One male 2 female they will reproduce) and 5 Amano Shrimp, they keep the tank cleaner than snails and have a light Bioload.

Nils

In your opinion tell me if u think this would work. I get the guppies first and start with a temperature of 76 then every two weeks raise it a degree till it's around 80. Then I get the rams

Honestly, I'm not sure. Different strains of guppies are so different in what they will adapt to that they're practically different species. A hardier, more genetically diverse strain should be able to adapt, but a more line bred one may not. When I tried to keep guppies with my rams I wasn't in a situation where I could slowly adapt them to the temperature/PH over the course of several months, and I struggled to keep any around longer than 6 months. Your luck may vary.

Back
Top Bottom