Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want a ram(s) for my 26 gallon Bowfront. I need some advice on which to get, how many and where to get them. I have- 1 Molly, 2 platies, 2 swordtails and 5 neon tetras currently.

I have 2 Bolivians in a 55g (with some other bottom dwellers) and I think that you could probably get the same number in yours seeing that most of your fish swim in other levels of the tank. I would personally go with the Bolivians but I'm biased because I think that they are super cute, colorful, and very active. I actually got mine at PetSmart because they looked healthier and they were a 1/7 of the price.

Thanks so much. As for gender what should i do? I don't want a male and female because won't they become aggressive when they mate?

I'm not too sure about that. I have 2 females and they get along well; I think that the males would be the same. And yes they will fight, or so I have read.

Do they look the same or is it like some other fish where one gender looks better?

I would honestpy just go with a m/f pair. Their aggressiveness during mating isn't a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom